Monday, February 8, 2010

I spoke too soon

For all of you who already hate me because of my weather comments, here is one more for you! It's 82 degrees and sunny!!!

Friday I went to Allen's Warrior Friday party at work. It was Mardi Gras themed. Allen's CE group was in charge of the event and because I was the only wife there I got stuck helping. While speaking to Col. Thomas I pretty much called him out, but I didn't even know it. Later Allen informed me that during our conversation about "hopefully" my future job in the CE department that Col. Thomas asked me if I knew what the position was. I kindly said no, do u? I didn't mean it like that!!! LOL.  I meant to say, can you tell me about it? Not do you know what your people do?  Luckily the Col. did not take it that way and laughed and said yes I know a little about the job. Allen told me about this later and said that he wished he could have said that to the Col. So I guess as an AF wife I need to learn to think before I speak. I'm sure I have heard that from my parents a time or two! Later that night Allen and I ate dinner with an Officer friend Andrea. She took us to the Dixie Grill. It reminded me of home!!! It may have been the southern comfort food or it could have been that it's the first place we have ate at where it is predominately white people.

Saturday Allen had a golf match with some people that he worked with so I decided to have a picnic at the beach (by myself). I packed a little lunch and my beach bag and then walked about 3 blocks to the beach. I used a dry spray tanning lotion (yes it has some SPF in it) but I failed to rub it in after I sprayed it so I have a funny line down my left leg and some spotted burns on my shoulders. But I'm tan!! The water is cold right now so I didn't get in it much. I just got in to cool off (about waist deep). I really want to learn to paddle board. It looks really neat! Later I went to base to do some grocery shopping for the week and then made dinner for Allen and I. He got home much later than expected and I was a little mad b/c he did not call but when he told me that he had to drop off several drunk men (b/c he would not let them drive home from the course) I understood why he was late.

Sunday we had an awesome super bowl party at a friends house on base. We had so much yummy food!!! We even played football bingo (it's a game that Allen created). It was a huge hit.

I have been thinking about applying for my masters degree at the U of A. I would start in March. I'm delaying the process because I might have to take the GRA. I'm a terrible test taker so I am freaking out. First I have to apply and then find out if my Grades where high enough. I hope they take into account that I was an Engineer; I just freeze on test.

This week Allen has a doctor appointment to see about surgery on his hernia (sp?). We also have a meeting on Thursday to make our will and to have me as Power of Attorney in case anything happens to Allen (God forbid).  I plan to make Allen's Valentine as well but I can't find all of my crafts. I had a really cute idea but we will see if it works out. Stay tuned for pictures!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment